Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Serenity Sacs

Greetings all! This is my first attempt at blogging so bear with me.

My name is Rhonda and I live in Northern Kentucky. I'm a wife of 27 years and have a 22 year old son (the light of my life!).


A bit about Serenity Sacs......I have been clean and sober for 3+ years and am extremely active in a 12 step program. While in treatment, I learned of a God Box. We were told to write our problems, fears and anything else we were powerless over on a piece of paper and put it in our God Box. Some stuff you just have to trust God to take care of. This past Christmas, I wanted to make something for my sponsees. Somehow this idea popped into my head. I had no intention of ever selling them, but then a girl at work just "had" to have some. Here it is November and I'm still cranking. I feel this talent of mine (never sewed before in my life) is God given and that it's his way of letting me give back and help increase his childrens' reliance on him.


Not only are these a great gift idea for church groups, womens groups, card clubs, baby showers, brides to be, 12 step programs, friends and family, or anyone who is having a difficult time dealing with life, family, or illness......they are an effective tool for increasing ones reliance on a Higher Power and restoring a sense of peace. Write down your problems, place them in this sac, say a prayer and turn them over to God. You will be amazed at how effective and well received these are. Custom orders welcome. CHRISTMAS is just around the corner. These would make excellent stocking stuffers or gifts for teachers, caregivers, daycare providers, or for the family member or friend who has everything. How about giving them a little bit of serenity!?


"There's something about the action of writing my worries on paper and placing them in God's hands that just frees my mind and gives me peace. I love my Serenity Sac!" ....C.G., Cincinnati-


"My sunday school children love them. Each week I have them write a note to God and place it in their Serenity Sac. Seeing these children become reliant on God is such a blessing!" ....P.C. Covington, KY-


"Possibly the best gift I have ever given my Mom and Sisters. Great gift idea!" ....C.J., Cincinnati-


"Thank you for the Serenity Sac. Your (God's timing) is amazing. I was diagnosed with cancer a few days ago and was feeling pretty hopeless. You have no idea how much this simple little gift has helped me. Thank you, thank you, thank you." ....R.J., Cincinnati


Until next time, you can find me at the sewing machine!


Hugs,

Rhonda
www.serenitysac.etsy.com

2 comments:

  1. I love my Serenity Sac which I actually handed over to my daughter who is in a 12 step program. I will have to get my own now.

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a privilege to give our cares to God! I pray the Lord blessed your endeavor!

    ReplyDelete