Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Filled with Gratitude!

God has been so very good to me and my family lately. Or am I just finally noticing it?

As I look back over my life, I've realized that God has been the one carrying me and looking over me through all my struggles. The Footprints Prayer is very true for me.

My Etsy shop has been fairly busy these days in preparation for Christmas and my outside sales are skyrocketing. Sometimes I find it overwhelming because I work full time, I go home and catch a quick nap, prepare dinner, feed my family, do some laundry, then off to an AA meeting. My life is sometimes hectic as can be. This morning I decided I'd just be grateful:

1. For the opportunity to spread God's love by selling my Serenity Sacs
2. For having a fulfilling job which I'm good at
3. For having an understanding and supportive boss who is more like my brother than my boss
4. For the co-workers who support and love me even when I'm not so lovable
5. For my husband who works so hard to take care of our family but still finds the time and energy to show us how much we mean to him
6. For our son, Anthony, who has so much potential and who is striving to reach his goals these days
7. For my AA friends who loved me until I could love myself
8. For my mom, dad and siblings who never gave up on me
9. For the new friends I've met on Etsy. You women have become my friends and I'm blessed to have you in my life (especially the Christian Crafters Team!)
10. For a God of my understanding who has given me much more than I feel I deserve at times.
11. For having an extremely busy life that gives me the opportunity to touch others (both in and out of AA).
12. MOSTLY for having the wherewithall to be able to recognize my blessings and to be grateful for them. Yes my life is hectic, but my heart is full.

Yes, my friends, today I am blessed and I know it. I learned in AA that gratitude is an action word. You can feel and express thankfulness, but you need to show gratitude by helping others, offering a smile to a stranger, or just giving someone a hug when you see that they're not having the best of days. Today I intend to show my gratitude!

Hugs,
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment